The Successful Bridal Registry
Below are tips to create a successful bridal registry
- A bridal registry assists the guests in gift giving. Gift selections are made 2 to 4 months prior to the wedding, and should be completed a month prior to the invitations to your event being sent. It is acceptable to register for any item you need, would like to have for your home, or items for yourself.
- Proper etiquette dictates that someone other than the wedding couple notify the guests of the registry.
- Gifts should be selected with a broad price range to ensure guests have options. It is suggested that you register sufficient items to equal the number of guests invited to your wedding. Remember to check your registry to ensure that adequate selections continue to be available for guests to choose from.
- Be sure to keep accurate records, and send a handwritten thank you card acknowledging the gift. Written acknowledgments must be written within three months of the wedding.
- Should a gift need to be exchanged or replaced, contact the store, not the gift giver.
- Thank you cards are sent for the original gift received, and not the replacement.